Please contact us for course dates.
Course LocationAnchorage Extension, 3201 C Street Suite 308, Anchorage, AK
Project management has been proven to be the most effective method of delivering products and services within cost, schedule and resource constraints. This intensive program gives students the skills to ensure their projects are completed on time and on budget while providing the user the product or service expected. Individuals who complete this course of instruction will gain a strong working knowledge of the basics of project management. In addition, the program provides the classroom requirement for those who are interested in becoming a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®. Additional independent study may be needed prior to testing for the CAPM.
The Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Introduction to Project Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Issues and Resolutions
- Construction Documents
- Construction Planning
- Estimating and Cost Control
- Resource Control
- Quality Control and Assurance
- Continuous Improvement
- Organizing Projects
- Planning Projects
- Performing Projects
- (MSP) Starting a Project
- (MSP) Working with Project Calendars
- (MSP) Working with Project Tasks
- (MSP) Working with Project Resources
- (MSP) Delivering a Project Plan
- (MSP) Managing the Project Environment
- (MSP) Managing Task Structures
- (MSP) Generating Project Views
- (MSP) Producing Project Reports
Certifications or Certificates
Graduates who successfully complete the course have the opportunity to earn the following certifications or certificates.
- NCCER Project Management Certification
- NIT Certificate of Completion
- NIT Certificate of Microsoft Project
Length of Program
- 160 Hours (Homework Required)
Format of Program
- Formats may vary
- This course will be delivered 4 days a week (Monday thru Thursday) for 5weeks
- Offered at the main campus in Palmer, Alaska, and both the JBER and Anchorage extension campuses
Prerequisites for Enrollment
- 18 Years of Age or Older
- DOT Equivalent Drug Test (If accepted, test can be done no more than 10 days before class begins)
- Pre-Participation Physical
- Social Security Card
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License or State Issued Photo ID Card
It is the applicant’s responsibility to secure funding or provide payment for tuition and any training related costs. Additional costs not included in this price are, but not limited to: drug test and physicals, transportation, room and board, child care, etc.
The following information applies to all NIT vocational programs, and any continued education programs exceeding 80 hours. It is the applicant’s responsibility to secure funding or provide payment for tuition and any training related costs. Additional costs not included in this price are, but not limited to: drug test and physicals, transportation, room and board, child care, etc. An applicant may apply at any time but may enter class only on specified starting dates. Classes have limited enrollment. If you have questions about our classes and course schedules, please contact us at 907-357-6400.