This 8-week program provides advanced training on stick welding procedures. It is strongly recommended that prospective trainees should have current SMAW AWS D1.1-latest edition 3G & 4G (with, or without backing), or successfully qualify before the start of class.
Certifications or Certificates
- Base Metal Preparation. Contact Hours: 20
- Bead and Fillet Welds. Contact Hours: 40
- Carbon Arc Gouging. Contact Hours: 10
- Energized Equipment. Contact Hours: 54
- Groove Welds With and With-out Backing. Contact Hours: 30
- Inert Gases. Contact Hours: 8
- Oxy-fuel Cutting/Gouging. Contact Hours: 20
- Plasma Arc Cutting. Contact Hours: 10
- Safety. Contact Hours: 20
- Weld Quality. Contact Hours: 20
- Welder Performance Qualification Test. Contact Hours: 8
- Welding Finishing. Contact Hours: 80
Graduates who successfully complete the course have the opportunity to earn the following certifications or certificates.
Length of Program
- 3G and 4G FCAW-G limited or unlimited thickness
- GMAW 1/2" 3G & 4G
- NIT Certificate of Completion
Format of Program
- 320 Hours (Homework Required)
Prerequisites for Enrollment
- Format may vary. Please contact the office for most up-to-date schedule.
- 18 Years of Age or Older
- DOT Equivalent Drug Test (If accepted, test can be done no more than 10 days before class begins)
- Leather Steel Toed Boots meeting ANSI Standard 2413
- Pre-Participation Physical
- Prospective Trainee shall have current SMAW AWS D1.1-latest edition 3G+4G, or 6G (with, or without backing). Or successfully qualify before the start of class.
- Social Security Card
- Valid Alaska Driver's License or State Issued Photo ID