No classes currently scheduled.
This course fulfills your requirements for certification under 29 CFR, Part 1910.120 (e), or other applicable state regulations for certification to the 24-hour Occasional Site Worker level. OSHA has developed the HAZWOPER program to protect the workers working at hazardous sites and devised extensive regulations to ensure their safety and health.
- Understand the purpose of OSHA and its role in regulating occupational safety
- Use Site Characterization to establish problems that may exist in your workplace and measures that can be implemented to eliminate hazards
- Identify hazardous materials existent in the workplace and the possible methods, symptoms and preventative measures of exposure
- Encourage the use of Material Safety Data sheets (MSDS) to identify and properly handle hazardous materials
- Familiarize yourself with materials, compounds and mixtures that may present flammable, explosive, chemical or radiological hazards
- Emphasize the importance of personal protective equipment in limiting hazardous exposure
- Establish an effective Site Control Program to limit the risk of exposure to only those working in the hazardous work zone
- Implement procedures for treating workers in the event of hazardous exposure
For more information go to the OSHA website: OSHA
This course is scheduled on an as-needed basis. Please contact our office to schedule a specific date or request on-site training.
Course Cost: $345