||8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
||4/9/18 to 5/31/18. Consists of four, 10 hour days.
This program, structured on NCCER curriculum, provides training for code quality welding on plate in all positions. An introduction is given into many different codes, specifications, and industrial standards. Students will prepare for entry-level construction work, fab shops, and other entry-level positions. Instruction will start with SMAW in the 3G positions and 3/8'' thickness and progress to SMAW 3G/4G 1''. Students will be instructed in a technically proficient method in order to prepare them for an NIT qualification or AWS certification test. Over 70% of this program is spent on practical application.
Certifications or Certificates
- Welding Safety
- Oxyfuel Cutting
- SMAW Electrodes
- SMAW--Equipment and Setup
- Base Metal Preparation
- SMAW--Beads and Fillet Welds
- Joint Fit-Up and Alignment
- SMAW--Groove Welds with Backing
- Air-Carbon Arc Cutting and Gouging
- Weld Quality
Graduates who successfully complete the course have the opportunity to earn the following certifications or certificates.
Length of Program
- 3G and 4G SMAW limited or unlimited thickness
- NIT Certificate of completion
- NCCER Module Completion Submissions
- AWS certification test available for additional fee
Format of Program
- 320 Hours (Homework Required)
Prerequisites for Enrollment
- 8 Weeks (4 days per week, 10 hours each day)
- Conducted at the Main Campus in Palmer, Alaska
Upcoming CoursesCourse Cost:
- 18 Years of Age or Older
- DOT Equivalent Drug Test (If accepted, test can be done no more than 10 days before class begins)
- Leather Steel Toed Boots meeting ANSI Standard 2413
- Pre-Participation Physical
- Social Security Card
- Valid Alaska Driver's License or State Issued Photo ID
It is the applicant's responsibility to secure funding or provide payment for tuition and any training related costs. Additional costs not included in this price are, but not limited to: drug test and physicals, AWS certification fees, transportation, room and board, child care, etc.