||8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
||4/9/18 to 5/31/18. Consists of four, 10 hour days.
This program is based on NCCER curriculum and is taught in a modular format. Students will be introduced to joint preparation, proper fit-up, tacking and electrode selection. Students will also be given an in depth instruction and demonstration on process reading and interpretation. Students will embrace welding fundamentals, governed under pipe's American Petroleum Institute (API 1104), to include such processes as SMAW, GMAW, and GTAW. NIT's students are trained in the 2G, 5G, and 6G positions, in their pursuit of qualifications and certifications with each of these processes. Students will be introduced to a multitude of different welding techniques and equipment during this 8 week program, as different techniques and equipment can be used in different industries. All students will be issued a set of tools that they will get to keep upon program completion.
Certifications or Certificates
- SMAW -- Open-Root Pipe Welds
- GTAW -- Carbon Steel Pipe
- FCAW -- Pipe
Graduates who successfully complete the course have the opportunity to earn the following certifications or certificates.
Length of Program
- 2G or 5G or 2G/5G combo or 6G or 6Gr on 8" sch. 80.
- NIT Certificate of Completion
- NCCER Module Completion Submission
- AWS certification test available for additional fee
Format of Program
- 320 Hours (Homework Required)
Prerequisites for Enrollment
- 8 Weeks (4 days per week, 10 hours each day)
- Conducted at the Main Campus in Palmer, Alaska
Upcoming CoursesCourse Cost:
- 18 Years of Age or Older
- DOT Equivalent Drug Test (If accepted, test can be done no more than 10 days before class begins)
- Leather Steel Toed Boots meeting ANSI Standard 2413
- Pre-Participation Physical
- Current SMAW and FCAW AWS D1.1-latest edition 3G+4G, or 6G (with, or without backing). Or successfully qualify before the start of class.
- Social Security Card
- Valid Alaska Driver's License or State Issued Photo ID
$10,000 2018 prices subject to change. Please contact 907-357-6400 for more information
It is the applicant's responsibility to secure funding or provide payment for tuition and any training related costs. Additional costs not included in this price are, but not limited to: drug test and physicals, AWS certification fees, transportation, room and board, child care, etc.