No classes currently scheduled.
Students learn to fabricate metal by cutting, altering and shaping steel or other materials through the use of different tools, techniques and processes. Students will use their welding skills to fuse or join the metal parts together. A heavy emphasis will be placed on welding techniques and joining methods.
Prospective Trainee shall have current SMAW and FCAW AWS D1.1-latest edition 3G+4G, or 6G. With, or without backing. Or successfully qualify before the start of class.
Certifications or Certificates
- Fabrication Cutting and Shaping. Contact Hours: 40
- Joining Fit-up and Alignment. Contact Hours: 40
- Mechanical Cutting. Contact Hours: 8
- Oxy-fuel Cutting. Contact Hours: 8
- Plasma Arc Cutting. Contact Hours: 8
- Reading Welding Detail Drawings. Contact Hours: 20
- Safety. Contact Hours: 20 Hours
- Weld Quality. Contact Hours: 16
Graduates who successfully complete the course have the opportunity to receive or be awarded the following certifications or certificates.
Length of Program
- NIT Certificate of Completion
Format of Program
Prerequisites for Enrollment
- 160 Hours (Homework Required)
- 18 Years of Age or Older
- DOT Equivalent Drug Test (If accepted, test can be done no more than 10 days before class begins)
- Leather Steel Toed Boots meeting ANSI Standard 2413
- Pre-Participation Physical
- Prospective Trainee shall have current SMAW and FCAW AWS D1.1-latest edition 3G+4G, or 6G. With, or without backing. Or successfully qualify before the start of class.
- Social Security Card
- Valid Alaska Driver's License or State Issued Photo ID