In this 8-week program, students will embrace pipe welding fundamentals to include such processes as SMAW and introduction to GTAW. It is strongly recommended that prospective trainees should have current SMAW and FCAW AWS D1.1-latest edition 3G & 4G (with, or without backing), or successfully qualify before the start of class.
Certifications or Certificates
- 2G, 5G, 2G/5G combo, 6G and 6GR procedures for all processes. Contact Hours: 70
- FCAW-Pipe. Contact Hours: 5
- GMAW-Pipe. Contact Hours: 5
- GTAW-Carbon Steel Pipe. Contact Hours: 5
- Open Root: E6010 root - E7018 fill and cap. Contact Hours: 70
- Open Root: GMAW root - E7019 fill and cap. Contact Hours: 70
- Open Root: GTAW - GTAW fill and cap. Contact Hours: 80
- SMAW - Open-Root Pipe Welds. Contact Hours: 5
- Thermal Cutting. Contact Hours: 10
Graduates who successfully complete the course have the opportunity to earn the following certifications or certificates.
Length of Program
- API 1104 Pipe Certification Opportunities for 2G or 5G or 2G/5G combo or 6G or 6Gr on 6" sch 80.
- NIT Certificate of Completion
Format of Program
- 320 Hours (Homework Required)
Prerequisites for Enrollment
- Format may vary. Please contact the office for most up-to-date scheduling.
- 18 Years of Age or Older
- DOT Equivalent Drug Test (If accepted, test can be done no more than 10 days before class begins)
- Leather Steel Toed Boots meeting ANSI Standard 2413
- Pre-Participation Physical
- Prospective Trainee shall have current SMAW and FCAW AWS D1.1-latest edition 3G+4G, or 6G (with, or without backing). Or successfully qualify before the start of class.
- Social Security Card
- Valid Alaska Driver's License or State Issued Photo ID