This course is focused towards the more experienced truck driver. Vehicle review takes you through the pre-tip inspection, air brakes and backing maneuvers. Students also brush up on double-clutching, approaching intersections, and maneuvering through turns.
All of this review is conducted in preparation of the student's CDL skills evaluation where the truck driver must demonstrate one's knowledge of the truck's condition through a pre-trip inspection and complete a set of driving skills administered by a certified CDL examiner. An optional DMV CDL Road Skills Exam is also available in place of the Skills Evaluation.
(Minimum 2 students. If only 1 student, the vehicle training will consist of up to 22 hours of one-on-one instruction.)
Certifications or Certificates
Length of Program
- Upon successful completion, students have the opportunity to obtain a State of Alaska Commercial Driver's License A or B
Format of Program
- Up to 36 Hours (2 students to 1 instructor)
- Up to 22 Hours (1 student to 1 instructor)
- 5 Days (2 students to 1 instructor)
- 3 Days (1 student to 1 instructor)
- 19 Years of Age or Older by Graduation Date
- DOT Physical Card
- IA or IB Permit for a minimum of 14 days
- Valid Alaska Driver's License
- Preferred experience in a CDL vehicle prior to attending
This course is booked off a waitlist. Contact our office to be added to the waitlist.