Northern Industrial Training, LLC is a approved third party test provider for the state of Alaska for class A, B, or C commercial vehicles.The exam is given by an Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles Certified Examiner. Restriction removal and endorsement tests are also available.
Certifications or Certificates
- Class A and B commercial vehicles are available for road exam use. A student may provide their own vehicle as long as it meets the standards set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA) and the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for commercial road exams. Proof of current insurance and vehicle registration is required.
- Class C commercial vehicles are not provided. Students must provide their own vehicle that meets standards set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA) and the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for commercial road exams.Students must provide current insurance and vehicle registration.
- Sections 11, 12, and 13 of the Alaska CDL Manual describe all of the skills required to pass the road exam. It is recommended that you review sections 11,12, and 13 before taking an exam. The CDL Manual can be found online at: CDL Manual
Length of Exam
- Upon successful completion, students have the opportunity to obtain a Commercial Driver's License in the class of vehicle tested. This will be available at any Alaskan DMV.
Format of Exam
- All three skill areas of the road exam must be successfully completed in order to obtain a CDL license.
- 19 Years of Age or Older
- DOT Physical
- Valid Driver's License
- Valid CDL Permit
- Experienced Driver
This course is booked off a waitlist. . Contact our office for availability.
$400 if using NIT provided vehicle
$125 if using personal commercial vehicle