Financial Aid Options for Northern Industrial Training

It is the applicants responsibility to contact their funding agencies.

Northern Industrial Training accepts the Alaska Student Loan (for programs 6 weeks in length or longer), Native Corporation and Village Council funding and scholarships, State of Alaska programs (WIA and DVR) and Department of Veteran Affairs. 

Funding confirmation (for all training related expenses) must be received no later than 10 days prior to the start of class to be enrolled into the program. Written confirmation may be faxed to (907) 357-6430 or emailed to [email protected].

Alaska Education Loans

The Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education (ACPE), the State of Alaska's higher education agency, provides low-cost education loans to Alaska's students and their parents or family members (for programs that are 6 Weeks in length or longer). The Alaska Supplemental Education Loan (ASEL) and Family Education Loan (FEL) are intended to help individuals gain career and technical education. For more information, visit, or contact ACPE at [email protected] or 800-441-2962.

Apply online

Alaska Performance Scholarship

The Alaska Performance Scholarship (APS) is an invitation to excellence for Alaska's students, parents, and educators. NIT has a number of programs that are approved APS programs of study. Students who have qualified for the APS need to complete the APS Alternative Application to apply for the award, which can be used towards one of NIT's eligible programs. For more information visit, or contact ACPE at, or 800-441-2962.

Alaska Native Scholarships

Students can apply to their corporations or shareholder association for financial aid. Contact your corporations directly.

Department of Veteran Affairs

Students must submit a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility to Northern Industrial Training after their application for benefits is processed through the VA prior to the start of training.

PO Box 8888
Muskogee, OK 74401
Education toll-free line: 1-888-442-4551
Web Site:

State of Alaska - Job Centers

Department of Labor, Vocational Rehabilitation and other employment resources can assist with applications and job placement after your training. Workforce Investment Act (WIA) provides funding for individuals who have insufficient skills to obtain an adequate job or lack current skills to maintain their present position as well as providing funding for people with employment barriers. Their goal is for you to obtain a job in the occupation of the training your receive upon completion of that training.

Web Site: Alaska Job Center Network for more information or contact the local Job Center office in your area and inquire if you qualify for funding assistance under their grant programs.