Grievance Policy / Student Complaints:
- Complaints/concerns by students should be addressed initially with the instructor. If a student feels his/her concerns have not been addressed or met in this way, he/she is encouraged to make a written statement outlining the details of the matter and provide any relevant supporting documentation, including steps taken to resolve the issue with the instructor. The statement can be hand delivered to either office in Palmer or Anchorage, or through the [email protected] email.
- Written statements are submitted to the program director. The program director will contact the student to discuss the complaint as written.
- If the student feels further consideration is warranted, the student will be directed to contact the Director of Administration, who will conduct a meeting/conference with the student and the program director. The Director of Administration will make every effort to achieve a final resolution.
- Further appeals may be referred to the CEO and Executive Vice President.
- Written notification of student concerns or grievance and the resolution will be placed in the student file. Every effort is made to keep all student concerns and resolutions confidential. However, fact finding interviews with other students and/or witnesses may need to be conducted. All parties involved will be informed of the confidential nature of the inquiry.
Final appeals may be made to the Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education, PO Box 110505 Juneau, Alaska 99811 Alaskadvantage.stata.ak.us or Council on Occupational Education (COE) at 7840 Roswell Road Building 300, Suite 325 Atlanta, Georgia 30350, www.council.org.